The new SoMs are based on the company's design platform and are designed to offer the ultimate degree of flexibility and scalability while shortening time-to-market for OEMs and enterprises. Its customers, says the company, can choose from any of its multi-sensor, pre-certified boards, making the IoT design process as simple as activating a SIM card.
“Whether it's in the area of connected health, energy and utility, agriculture and industrial, or construction, Taoglas can ensure your project doesn’t come up against any of the common challenges that normally face IoT projects time to market,” says Adrian Burns, Head IoT Solutions Architect at Taoglas. "Taoglas can take one of our off-the-shelf SoMs and use it as is in your device to provide computing and connectivity, or we can quickly customize it with additional functionality, for example adding a camera vision component, or integrating it into your existing legacy equipment."
The company's SoM portfolio includes:
- The new Taoglas EDGE EC55 is based on Taoglas’ award-winning Taoglas EDGE EC45 SoM. It has seven onboard environmental and movement sensors, cellular and Bluetooth connectivity and is based on ARM Cortex M7 processor, firmware/OS RTOS, validated applications libraries (Real-time performance) and comes with an advanced on-board analytics engine (Kinetica).
- The Taoglas EDGE EM15 is a compact multi-sensor SoM with cellular, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth classic, BLE5.2 (AOA/AOD) connectivity with ultra-low power consumption in a small form factor. It features a dual-core processor, optimised firmware/OS RTOS, validated applications libraries (Real-time performance) and comes with an advanced on-board analytics engine (Kinetica).
- The Taoglas EDGE IG25 is an industrial multi-sensor SoM with cellular and Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n connectivity including industrial communication protocols, integrated digital and analog I/Os, industrial grade connectors, low power consumption and also features a dual-core processor, firmware/OS RTOS and applications.
Common attributes for all of the company's EDGE SoMs include:
- Highly-reliable robust codebase
- Low power
- Device lifecycle management
- Integration with Taoglas Insights cloud-based platform for device, data management