The Smart Bench Essentials (SBE) Test Instruments include a triple-output power supply, an arbitrary function generator, a digital multimeter, and an oscilloscope. The SBE lab bench products are offered as a compact and stackable design ideal for small manufacturing businesses and modern university teaching labs.
General test labs, as well as university teaching labs, says the company, need test instruments that are connected to each other, connected to the lab, connected to the cloud and connected to innovation. These differentiated connections enable users to accelerate insights, whether in learning, teaching, or troubleshooting.
Complementing the SBE series is the company's PathWave BenchVue application software, which enables users to configure instruments quickly, while operating on the same PC screen to test device under test. It stores data on a PC and exports it in standard readable formats for post-analysis work and report generation.
The SBE series also offers the optional PathWave Remote Access Lab software and the PathWave Lab Manager software to enhance the lab experience and productivity. The PathWave Remote Access Lab software enables university teaching labs to transition to online learning seamlessly, allowing students to remotely access the lab setup and perform lab work through the web browser, while the PathWave Lab Manager software works seamlessly with the Smart Bench Essential series instruments to manage lab assets effectively and productively.
"All four instruments have a consistent look and feel, the same graphical user interface and connectivity," says Christopher Cain, vice president of Electronic Industrial Products at Keysight Technologies. "The setup of four test instruments connected through the powerful PathWave application software allows engineers to focus on their insights and innovation, not managing their test instruments."
Key benefits of the SBE series, says the company, include the following:
- Elegantly integrated, enabling users to focus on insights and core innovation, not managing instruments.
- Configure, control and monitor multiple instruments from a single screen.
- Test, analyze and share lab instruments and data remotely from anywhere, providing learning during the pandemic and global access to remote instrumentation.
- Automate common tasks from test set up, data collection, to report generation.
- Centrally manage an entire lab of instruments and configuration to maximize productivity.
For more, see the Smart Bench Essentials Series FAQ.