The MAX32520 ChipDNA secure Arm Cortex-M4 microcontroller, says the company, allows for multiple layers of protection to provide the most advanced key-protection technology in a cost-effective format for use in IoT, healthcare, industrial, and computing systems.
"The threats to IoT systems are getting more advanced all the time, and tools to attack systems move from the realm of academia to the realm of open source every day," says Kris Ardis, executive director, Micros, Security and Software Business Unit at Maxim Integrated. "MAX32520 with ChipDNA is a step forward. Built around the most advanced key security technology and targeting IoT applications, it will protect your data and IP, and has the technology to future-proof designs against tomorrow's system threats."
The MAX32520 with ChipDNA uses a tamper-proof PUF key for flash encryption, secure boot for root-of-trust, and serial flash emulation. Additionally, the physical security inherent in the PUF key eliminates the need for a battery to actively destroy secret-key materials when under attack.
Until now, says the company, the most-sensitive applications have always required a battery to provide this highest level of secret-key protection. Key advantages are offered as the following:
- Tamper-Proof: Secret keys generated by the ChipDNA PUF circuitry are highly resistant to physical attacks, ensuring the keys that protect data and systems are out of the reach of attackers.
- IP Protection: Flash-encryption using PUF protects sensitive information with encryption keys that withstand even advanced physical inspection and prying, as well as provides the most robust form of IP security available on the market.
- Advanced Encryption: The DeepCover secure microcontroller can protect all user data, as it is equipped with SP 800-90A and SP 800-90B compliant TRNG and hardware accelerators for AES-256, ECDSA P-521 and SHA-512.
- Large Memory: Delivers up to 2MB of secure flash memory, enabling advanced applications to run in a highly secure environment.
- Cost Effective: Built on an advanced process node, this secure microcontroller provides advanced security features,