The latest version of the company's "Beast" CISPR-25 Class 4-certified automotive in-cabin wireless charging transmitter, the Beast 2.0 is designed to allow customers an easy-to-implement solution that meets strict OEM requirements. In addition to its impressive EMC capability, says the company, the Beast 2.0 also meets all requirements of the latest Qi requirements and it provides class-leading safety features and a wide input supply range that provides continuous charging even during vehicle stop/start events.
Foreign Object Detection (FOD) is improved over other solutions in the market, increasing user safety while still providing a flexible charging experience. In addition, secured authentication between smartphone and charger contributes to device and user safety by protecting against fake chargers.
The Beast 2.0 is powered by Infineon Technologies' optimized automotive wireless power microcontrollers based on leading key architectures AURIX and Traveo II. Highlights of the Spark Connected Beast 2.0 15W solution include:
- Latest WPC Qi functionality
- Supports 15W charging for Qi certified devices
- Supports fast charging enabled devices
- Secure authentication between smartphone and charger
- Unique coil driver architecture meets CISPR-25 Class 4 EMC requirements
- Improved accuracy Foreign Object Detection (FOD)
- Wide range 6 -19V input supply; supports vehicle stop/start
- NFC/RFID tag detection
- AUTOSAR support
- Single Infineon Wireless Power Controller provides complete functionality
- Supports future products and standards with field-upgradeable Pantheon™ software
"Spark Connected is continuing to dominate and pave the way in wireless charging for the automotive industry," says Ruwanga Dassanayake, Chief Operating Officer at Spark Connected. "Our newest feature-rich Beast 2.0 solution will help our customers easily integrate the technology and significantly improve the safety and performance over other solutions in the market today."