The MAX41400 instrumentation amplifier, MAX40108 precision operational amplifier, and MAX31343 real-time clock (RTC) with integrated MEMS oscillator, says the company, enable designers to achieve double the battery life together with robust protection and highest accuracy.
"These three products represent the best in our Essential Analog offering," says Vickram Vathulya, vice president of Core Products Group at Maxim Integrated. "Maxim's mission continues to be providing engineers the finest products to sense and interface with the analog world. These solutions provide superb accuracy and low power consumption for the most demanding sensor applications."
The new Essential Analog precision measurement ICs, says the company, offer features including:
- The MAX41400 instrumentation amplifier enhances sensor system accuracy by 4x and extends battery life by 55 percent compared to the closest competitive offering. The MAX41400 provides low offset of 25µV, low noise and programmable gain with only 65µA current consumption.
- The MAX40108 is the lowest-voltage precision operational amplifier in its class, operating with supplies as low as 0.9V. The combination of low operational supply voltage, lower power consumption and 25.5µA quiescent current allows engineers to double sensor battery life.
- The MAX31343 I 2C RTC with integrated MEMS oscillator provides timekeeping accuracy of ±5ppm, substantially better than the closest competitor, plus robust protection afforded by a MEMS resonator. With its integrated resonator, the MAX31343 eliminates crystal mechanical failures and enables the smallest WLP compared to any other competitor in the market.
- All these products offer multiple and small form factor package choices.
Key advantages are offered as the following:
- Extended battery life: The MAX40108 precision operational amplifier doubles sensor battery life with 0.9V operation compared to the closest competitive offering at 1.8V. In battery-operated industrial sensors, the MAX41400 extends battery life from existing 7.4 hours to 11.5 hours compared to the closest competitive offering.
- Highest Accuracy: The MAX31343 provides the highest accuracy timing, guaranteeing <3min deviation per year. The MAX41400 enhances sensor system accuracy by up