Offered as the first entry-line group in the company's 100-MHz RA4 Series, the RA4E1 MCUs include four different parts, spanning from 48-pin to 64-pin packages, and from 256kB to 512kB of flash memory along with 128kB of SRAM. The RA4E1 devices offer the lowest active power consumption in their class, using only 60µA / MHz while executing from Flash at 100MHz, and are designed to deliver an optimized combination of innovative peripherals, connectivity options, and system cost saving features.
The RA4E1 Group is offered as ideal for cost-sensitive applications and other systems requiring an optimal combination of performance and low power consumption.
“The new RA4E1 Group was developed to meet the requests of our customers to extend the already-wide RA product family with an Entry-line option," says Roger Wendelken, Senior Vice President in the IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit at Renesas. "We’re confident that these parts will hit the sweet spot for a wide range of applications, and that many designers will find that the RA family meets their needs for current and future developments.”
Key features of the RA4E1 group include:
- 100 MHz Arm Cortex-M33 CPU core
- Integrated flash memory options from 256KB to 512KB; and 128KB RAM
- Support for wide temperature range: Ta = -40/85°C
- Package options from 48- to 64-pin
- Low power operation: 60µA / MHz in active mode while executing at 100MHz; 81µA / MHz executing the CoreMark algorithm from Flash
- Integrated USB 2.0 Full-Speed Device, Serial Communication, CAN and QSPI
- System costs reduction with on-chip high precision (±0.25%) internal oscillator using FLL, abundant GPIO, advanced analog, low-voltage detection and internal reset function
The company has combined the RA4E1 MCUs with complementary analog and power offerings that work together seamlessly to create " Winning Combinations " for a variety of applications. Examples of these Winning Combinations include a Smart IoT Air Purifier and a Smart Coffee Machine for the RA4E1 MCUs.
All the new RA4E1 MCUs