Leap, says the company, is the first cloud-based QAE providing real-time access to a live quantum computer. Designed for developers, researchers, and enterprises, Leap provides open-source development tools, interactive demos and coding examples, educational resources, and knowledge base articles, as well as collaboration through its online community.
"Every technology ecosystem begins by giving smart developers access, tools, and training," says Alan Baratz, D-Wave EVP R&D and chief product officer. "Leap eliminates the barrier to entry for quantum application development and deployment by providing live developer access and extensive tools and resources.”
"Leap can enable hundreds of thousands of developers to write and run quantum applications, without having to learn the complex physics that underpins quantum computers," says Alan Baratz. "Any one of these developers could write the first killer quantum application, solving complex global problems with quantum computing."
Leap QAE is offered as providing the following:
- Free access: free, real-time access to a D-Wave 2000Q quantum computer to submit and run applications, receiving solutions in seconds
- Familiar software: the open-source Ocean software development kit (SDK), available on GitHub and in Leap, has built-in templates for algorithms, as well as the ability to develop new code with the familiar programming language Python
- Hands-on coding: interactive examples in the form of Jupyter notebooks with live code, equations, visualizations, and narrative text to jumpstart quantum application development
- Learning resources: comprehensive live demos and educational resources to help developers get up to speed quickly on how to write applications for a quantum computer
- Community support: community and technical forums to enable easy developer collaboration
“The next frontier of quantum computing is quantum application development," says Vern Brownell, D-Wave CEO. "While we continue to advance our industry-leading quantum technology, our goal with Leap is to ignite a new generation of developers who will explore, experiment, and ultimately build our quantum application future."
"Since day one, D-Wave has been focused on fueling real-world quantum application