The blockchain starter kit - called Blocklet Kit - is designed to provide everything companies need to build blockchain proofs of concept quickly and easily including the hardware, software, and security protocols, plus training and technical support. The kit, says the company, is already in use by global corporations in the automotive, communications, and other sectors.
"2018 has been a breakout year for enterprise blockchain technology," says Allison Clift-Jennings, CEO, Filament. "However, education and support remain critical as many companies are in the early stages of evaluation, exploration, and deployment. Our blockchain starter kit, which includes both the essential technology components and the on-site training, makes it as easy as possible for customers to get started with proofs of concept and production use cases."
The Blocklet Kit includes the following:
- Blocklet solutions suite – Custom hardware, pre-loaded with all relevant software, links and documentation
- Portable blockchain-native devices – USB- and UART-compatible enclaves that are pre-provisioned to work with blockchain services hosted by Filament
- Secure economic capabilities – Filament’s Blocklet technology acts as a secure hardware enclave, generating blockchain transactions directly on Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) machines or devices
- Multiple blockchain platform support – Interacts with BigchainDB and Ethereum as well as Hyperledger Fabric and Hyperledger Sawtooth frameworks
- Intuitive integration tools – A Software Development Kit (SDK) and example code to make experimental integrations easy and efficient
- Training and support – On-site training and technical support are included at every stage
The Blocklet Kit, says the company, addresses the complete enterprise blockchain ecosystem including the hardware, software, networking and professional services requirements. It is now generally available.