Intelligent sensor solutions for IoT applications
In addition to the new HS4XXX family of relative humidity and temperature sensors, the company is introducing the ZSSC3281 sensor signal conditioning (SSC) IC for highly accurate amplification, digitization, and sensor-specific correction of sensor signals. These new products, says the company, complement its extensive MCU portfolio and embedded AI solutions.
The sensor design process, says the company, is supported by its unique system design platform that significantly eases the prototyping of IoT systems. The company’s Quick-Connect IoT system consists of standardized boards and interfaces, enabling designers to quickly and easily connect a wide range of sensors to MCU/MPU development boards. The new system also delivers core software building blocks that are portable between boards, greatly reducing coding requirements.
Now, says the company, instead of writing and testing hundreds of lines of driver code, designers only need to graphically select their sensor and write a few lines of code. All the integration and setup effort happen behind the scenes, reducing the time to a working solution.
The company also provides numerous Winning Combinations that combine sensors with multiple other ICs to offer customers an elevated design platform that mitigates the design risks and reduces development time.
“Sensing solutions are a critical element in IoT systems, and present numerous design challenges during system integration that can slow development and impact overall system performance,” says DK Singh, Senior Director of the Systems and Solutions Team at Renesas. “The combination of our sensor technology, signal conditioning expertise, and system solution mindset enables us to deliver customers a design platform that is unmatched by any competitor.”
The HS4XXX family of relative humidity and temperature sensors provides high accuracy, fast measurement response time, and ultra-low power consumption in a small package size, making them ideal for a wide number of applications ranging from portable devices to products designed for harsh environments. Key features include:
- Very low current consumption: 0.3µA average for 8-bit resolution with a 3.3V supply
- Ultra-low sleep current: 0.010 µA
- Small 2.5 × 2.5 × 0.9 mm DFN-style 8-LGA package
- Highly accurate relative humidity sensing of ± 1.5% RH
- Temperature sensor accuracy of ±0.2°C typical
The ZSSC3281 SSC delivers highly accurate amplification, digitization, and sensor-specific correction of sensor signals. It includes a two-channel analog front end as well as an integrated ARM-based MCU with embedded mathematics for sensor signal processing. It targets high-end applications including industrial, medical and consumer sensing. key features include:
- Highest performance with flexible analog front-end configurations
- Dual-speed mode for highest accuracy combined with fastest update rate
- 2 ADC’s running in parallel with up to 24-bit resolution
- Enables broad use for different sensor elements with multiple characteristics
- Measurement scheduler for optimized performance
- Advanced interrupt and diagnostic functions
- Digital interfaces including I²C, SPI, and One Wire Interface (OWI)
- 4-20mA current loop output, OWI communication via current loop
Both the HS4XXX family and ZSSC3281 SSC are available now.